Thursday, 12 September 2013

higher education source courses

BA Honours Programmes – 3 years full-time or 6 years part-time
(Plymouth college of art)

Our three-year BA Honours qualifications demand an energetic and inquisitive approach to critically underpinned practice, which is central to all the programmes. As well as producing practical creative outcomes to a range of projects and live assignments you will also be expected to contextualise your ideas culminating in the writing of a dissertation which is often very influential on the development of practical work and vice versa. You will be expected to have obtained qualifications in a relevant subject at advanced level equating to 200 UCAS points (e.g. BTEC National Diploma, Foundation Diploma, A-levels etc) and / or have relevant vocational experience. This can be assessed from a portfolio at interview.

(http://www.plymouthart.ac.uk/artadvantage.php?pageID=59&courseID=24&misCourseCode=DFFT1A1314&courseField=course_info#.UjGgIMashcZ
september  2013)

I chose this course because one of the options I would look to be doing this course in case I choose to be either a character designer ,concept artist , 3D-modeller or level designer the reason I had chose this course cause this course specializes in the artistic side of games.

BSC (HONS) COMPUTING & GAMES DEVELOPMENT

The course balances games development workshops with core computer science topics, supported by mainstream computing modules. We actively encourage enterprise activity and provide a professional studio environment tailored to support agile development across new and emerging platforms.  
We see our students working across the independent and commercial sector as agile developers with a passion for games and related interactive systems, but with realistic expectations. We have excellent links with a wide range like minded companies, with regular guest visits, placements and related events.
Work individually and as part of an interdisciplinary  team to hone your skills, develop your portfolio and deliver live projects as you carve a niche in this fast evolving sector.(http://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/4230/Pages/CourseDetail.aspx
september 2013)

 I chose this course in case I choose to be a programmer for games also they include a year industry practise so that would provide a huge amount of experience which will help in the future on a large scale.

Games Technology BSc (Hons)  (university of Bournemouth)
On top of this you will also be equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills to apply studio techniques for the production and recording of entertainment material. As music and audio are such important elements in games systems, there will be coverage of music and audio as part of this programme. The course looks at game development on the latest game platforms such as for example, XBox 360, and also addresses the growing area of mobile phone game development (http://courses.bournemouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-degree/games-technology/bsc-hons/550/course_content-course_content/) september 2013)

I would choose this course if I were trying to become a programmer but if I went here I may have financial problems so if I were to go here I may have to take a year break to earn money.

No comments:

Post a Comment